Online classifieds and bookings company JustDial has reported a net profit of Rs 48.4 crore for the quarter ended 30th September 2018 (Q2FY19). Net profit was substantially up by 29% on a year-on-year (YoY) basis, and up 26% on a quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) basis.
- Operating revenue stood at Rs 221 crore, showing a growth of 13.7% YoY and 4.5% QoQ.
- Operating EBITDA was at Rs 57.5 crore and witnessed a growth of 45% YoY.
JustDial’s unearned revenues stood at Rs 374 crore as on September 30, 2018, up 35% YoY and 1% QoQ. Unearned revenue is money received by the company for a service or product that has yet to be fulfilled. It can be thought of as “prepayment” for goods and services.
JustDial conducted 470,620 paid campaigns for advertisers during the quarter, up 34% YoY and up 4% QoQ. Divide the operating revenue by the number of campaigns, and it appears JustDial made Rs 4,695 per paid campaign, up from Rs 4,435 per paid campaign in the same quarter last year. Campaigns are essentially paid featured listings/recommendations on JustDial’s search.
- Total (active) listings were 23.8 million, up 20% YoY, 1 million net listings were added in the quarter.
- Of these listings, 12.3 million were with geocodes, up 34%% YoY.
- Total images in listings stood at 51.4 million, up 33% YoY and up 7.2% QoQ.
- Total Ratings & Reviews stood at 88 million at the end of the quarter, up 15.7% YoY.
Traffic and app downloads
- Unique Visitors for the quarter stood at 131.3 million, up 25% YoY and 4.8% QoQ.
- Out of these, 100 million users accessed JustDial via mobile web and the app, which is higher by upto 45% YoY and 8% QoQ. 76% of JustDial’s unique visitors came from mobile this quarter.
- Note that just two years ago, in Q2FY17, unique visitors from mobile stood at 41.5 million out of its 76 million new users.
- Traffic from Desktop stood at 21.8 million, down 17% YoY and down 7% QoQ. This accounted for 16.5% of the total traffic share.
- Traffic from voice stood at 8.9 million, down 7% YoY and, 7% QoQ. This accounted for 6.7% of the total traffic share.
- Total app downloads at the end of 30th September 2018 stood at 21.9 million, up 26.3% YoY and 5.3% QoQ. There were, on average, 13,555 app downloads daily, and 22 million app downloads for the quarter.
JustDial’s Omni business
JustDial has not released any data for its Omni business, an inventory management product it introduced (in 2015) to help small businesses manage their online and offline sales. In Q3FY17, CEO VSS Mani said that JustDial was pausing the Omni business to concentrate its efforts on its core search product.
JustDial’s employee count increased to 12,417 from 10,892, up by 14% from the same quarter last year. Sequentially, increased by 1% from last quarter.