Ixigo has introduced an offline mode for its trains app on Android where users can
- Check live train running status (tracking where one is)
- Search for trains between stations
- Set station alarms
- Search for train routes and
- Receive booking reminders
In 2016, ixigo had launched offline and without GPS cab booking on its cabs app, especially for places like airports, railway and bus stations. Users could then book from Uber, Ola, EasyCabs and Jugnoo.
Ixigo currently claims to have 20 million MAUs, and manages 4 million trips monthly.
Other services available offline
- In November last year, Uber users could book a cab through a phone call in Pune, although it is not clear if the service is still active and/or in which locations. At the same time, it also introduced offline search with cached points of interests for users to pinpoint their location. In 2016, it had introduced web booking. In June, Uber also launched a lightweight app Uber Lite.
- In May last year, Ola launched a lightweight mobile website to book an auto or a cab.
Our ixigo coverage here.