Uber has roped in Rebecca Messina (LinkedIn) as its first chief marketing officer. Messina will be in charge of Uber’s marketing teams across the world to build a ‘global marketing org’ for Uber’s growth, the company said.
Messina joins Uber from wine and spirits company Beam Suntory. Prior to that, she’s worked with Coca Cola for 22 years in different marketing capacities. Messina is also on the boards of The Mobile Marketing Association and the Ad Council, and has served on the National Board of Directors of the American Marketing Association (AMA) among others.
According to a Wall Street Journal report, Uber had been looking for someone to fill this position for a while now. The company had a chief brand officer in Bozoma Saint John who left Uber in June this year.
Recent hires at Uber
- Last month, Uber hired Nelson Chai as its CFO – a position that had been vacant for 3 years after former CFO Brent Callinicos’ exit.
- It hired Matt Olsen as its chief security officer.
- Uber appointed Ruby Zefo as its chief privacy officer .
- It hired Simon Hania as data protection officer.
- Uber elevated its India and South Asia head Amit Jain to Regional General Manager for Asia Pacific.
- It also hired Pradeep Parameswaran as president of India and South Asia.