We missed this earlier
On August 30, OYO Rooms announced its entry into upscale hotels category with ‘Palette Resorts’ which will offer “hand-picked, premium accommodations”. The hotel aggregator will partner with select resorts to deliver a premium, upscale experience to for touristers looking for a “distinct, premium and curated experience.”
Palette Resorts is launching with a property in Pondicherry and will expand to other destinations in India and international markets.
Recent developments in OYO
- Just a day after Palette Resorts was announced, Oyo launched a loyalty membership program called Oyo Wizard which will offer rewards for frequent users of the platform. Oyo Wizard will offer “guaranteed” 5% discount on current booking, 10% on the next booking at the same Oyo hotel or 5% discount on other Oyo hotels, upgrades and instant rewards in Oyo Money. These rewards are accessible across Oyo’s range of housing offerings.
- The company recently acquired a wedding marketplace for an undisclosed amount. Last month, it had launched “Auto Party” a service where it provided banquet and event planning for weddings and other events.
- Oyo’s acquisition of AblePlus allows its users to do self-check-ins with digital arrival & departure register, Self KYC with Aadhar, and IoT managed smart locks.
- Its recent hires include Prasidha Menon as India head of communications and Rakesh Prusti as general counsel.
- Oyo recently launched in China and the UK.