MediaNama invites you to apply for a curated #NAMApolicy discussion on the draft National E-commerce Policy in Bangalore, on October 10 (Wed), 2018. We are hosting this event at Hotel Royal Orchid (Domlur), with support from Amazon.
E-commerce remains a small share of the overall retail in India, and a national policy covering it will govern this fledgling ecosystem for at least a decade at a moment where its exponential growth has just started kicking in. The draft policy, albeit withdrawn, has raised concerns across a spectrum of issues, like FDI, privacy, protectionism, etc. With a government committee looking into these issues, we will discuss them across the following three sessions:
1:45 PM – 2:45 PM: Session #1, Regulation of ecommerce operations
– Regulation of digital goods
– Discounting and differential pricing
– Anti-competitive issues
– Taxation challenges
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Session #2, Funding & structuring of ecommerce businesses
– Press Note 3
– Listing of ecommerce businesses
– Preferential voting rights
– Opening up inventory based B2C
4:15 PM – 5:15 PM: Session #3, Consumer Protection & Ecommerce
– Setting up a Consumer Protection authority
– Registration of ecommerce companies
– Modification to intermediary liability protections
– Structuring of a consumer protection authority
We’re looking at an audience of around 100-110 people across:
- E-commerce business executives
- Sellers on E-commerce platforms
- Policy wonks & Think Tanks
- Large Internet businesses that collect and process customer data
- Customer relations management (CRM) companies’ executives
- Telecom Operators & ISPs
- Datacenter & Hosting businesses
- Technology executives
- Government & regulatory executives
Note: this is an invitation-only event and our discussions are participative in nature. In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before October 6, 2018.
Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
To get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check the video highlights of our past discussions.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here , and past ads here . For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact email@example.com.