Girnar Software, which owns and operates auto portals like CarDekho.com, Gaadi.com, ZigWheels.com and BikeDekho.com, has acquired PowerDrift, a YouTube channel for automotive content, for an undisclosed amount.
Founded in 2012 by Rohan Albal and Amit Shetty, PowerDrift uploads reviews of cars and bikes. The channel has 1.4 million YouTube subscribers and claims to have about 240 million views with an average of 2 lakh views per video.
Last month, the Jaipur-based Girnar Software raised debt funding of $3.6 million from Trifecta Venture Debt Fund-1, and in April, it had reportedly raised Rs 16 crore in equity funding from Sequoia Capital in an internal round.
Founded in 2007, Girnar Software has made a number of acquisitions in the past:
- In July 2016, it acqui-hired Valueserve, a company providing e-governance solutions, consulting and management support services for Public Sector Units (PSUs).
- Earlier in May 2016, it acquired Volob Technologies, a virtual reality startup, in an all-cash deal.
- A month before that, it acquired roadside assistance company Help On Wheels in an all-cash deal to boost its roadside assistance vertical.
- In the same month, it acquired software services startup Connecto in a cash and stock deal to improve user experience across all the websites and apps of the company.
- In September 2015, CarDekho acquired Times Internet owned auto portal Zigwheels for an undisclosed amount.
- In the same month in 2014, it acquired Gaadi.
- In April 2015, the company acquired price comparison website BuyingIQ for the team and their technology.
Girnar Software runs auto sites like CarDekho.com, Zigwheels.com, BikeDekho.com, Gaadi.com, TyreDekho.com, and TrucksDekho.com. These compete with other players like NDTV Auto, CarTrade, Cars24, OLX, Droom, Quikr’s QuikrCars, CarWale, GoZoomo, 19miles, etc.