MediaNama invites you to apply for a curated #NAMAprivacy discussion on the Data Protection report.
- In Delhi, at India Habitat Centre (Gulmohar hall), on August 23rd, 2018
- In Bangalore, at Hotel Royal Orchid (Spring hall), on August 30th 2018
You may apply to attend both discussions.
The Justice Srikrishna Committee has released a draft data protection law for India, and we will be discussing the issues related to the law: what needs to be changed in the final version, and what’s right and wrong with the current approach. Topics we will cover will include:
- Issues related to data sovereignty, localisation, mirroring and cross border data flows.
- Impact on consent, data collection, storage and transfer.
- Role of the data protection authority, auditing and enforcement mechanisms
- Right to be forgotten and data erasure
- Governance of government data collection and use, and the regulation of surveillance
- Impact on notice and consent
- Understanding penalties
We’re looking at an audience of around 100–120 people, including but not limited to:
- Policy wonks and Think Tanks
- Large Internet businesses that collect and store data
- Government and Regulatory Executives
- Members of Parliament and their staff
This is an invitation-only event and our discussions are participative in nature. In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmation on or before 18th of August 2018 for Delhi, and 25th of August 2018 for Bangalore.
Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
To get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check the video highlights of our past discussions.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact email@example.com.