DB Corp, the publisher of dailies such as DNA, Dainik Bhaskar and Divya Bhaskar, reported revenues of Rs 13.1 crore from its internet business for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 (Q4 FY18). This represents a marginal dip of 7.7% from Rs 14.2 crore in the same quarter last year. For the full financial year 2018, digital revenues stood at Rs 52 crore, as compared to Rs 56.4 crore in FY 2017.
The segment reported a loss before tax of Rs 5.35 crore which is 26% higher from Rs 7.21 crore in the same quarter last year.
The contribution of ad revenues from the digital segment stood at Rs 14.2 crore, a dip of 7.8% as compared to Rs 13.1 crore last year in the same quarter. In fact, ad revenues from print too reported a YoY decrease of 8.8% at Rs 310 crore. On a sequential basis, it dipped 10.7%.
The company’s print business still dominates its operational revenues, accounting for over 90% DB Corp’s operating income for the quarter with Rs 515 crore, which represents an increase of 10% from Rs 468 crore in the same quarter last year.
DB Corp launched Homeonline.com, a real estate portal last year in August, 2016. The website is live in Bhopal, Raipur, Indore, Jaipur, and Ahmedabad. The company did not share any number on the portal this quarter, but previously it claimed that Homeonline.com recorded about 1.5 million sessions and about 7 million page views between April 2017 and December 2017.
Digital business highlights
- Unique visitors to their websites marginally decreased to 74 million in March 2018, compared to 79.1 million in December 2017
- Pageviews stood at 1 billion for the month of March 2018. Page views seem to have fallen down, as in its Q3 results it reported pageviews of 1.3 billion for the month of December, 2017.
- 12.3 million app downloads of Divya Bhaskar and Dainik Bhaskar at the end of Q4 FY18. This has increased as last quarter it stood at 11.8 million app downloads.
- Consolidated total revenues stood at Rs 574.5 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 (Q4 FY18), which represents an increase 10% on YoY basis from Rs 522.2 crore reported during Q4 FY17. For the full FY 2018, revenues grew by 3.4% at Rs 2352 crore.
- Advertising Revenues grew by 8.2% YOY to Rs 386 crore as against Rs 356.7 crore in same quarter last year. For FY 2018, the ad revenues grew marginally by 3% at Rs 1642.5 crore.
- It reported a net profit of Rs 57 crore, which represents YoY decrease of 11.2% from Rs 64.2 in the same quarter last year. The net profit for FY 2018 decreased 13.5% at Rs 324 crore, as compared to Rs 375 crore in FY 2017.