Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the Union Budget 2018 -- the Narendra Modi-led government’s fifth -- in Parliament on Thursday. We will be live blogging about how the budget will impact the digital ecosystem. The budget speech can be live streamed here. Also read: Budget expectations 2018: GST, digital payments, tax benefits, angel tax and more
- Sci-Hub, LibGen, and now Z-Library: What Litigating Against ‘Pirates’ May Mean for Research in India August 19, 2022
- Here’s how CCI will determine if a business has significant operations in India for M&A approvals August 19, 2022
- Centre may replace DPA with a grievance redressal mechanism in new privacy Bill August 19, 2022
- India’s I&B ministry blocks eight YouTube channels for ‘spreading fake news’ August 18, 2022
- Delhi police’s reply to IFF RTI shows FRT may worsen religious-bias in policing August 18, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...