wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Idea Cellular concludes QIP to raise Rs 3,500 crore

Idea Cellular has successfully completed its qualified institutions placement (QIP) to raise Rs 3,500 crore, the company informed the BSE. The telecom operator allotted 424,242,424 equity shares to qualified institutional buyers at Rs 82.50 per equity share to raise this amount. They were sold at a premium of Rs 72.50 per equity share.

About 56% of the equity shares were allotted to Indian investors, and the remaining 44% equity shares were allotted to foreign investors.

Note that earlier this month, the telco had sold 326,633,165 equity shares to the Aditya Birla Group (Idea’s promoter group), at Rs 99.50 per share to raise Rs 3,250 crore. This, along with the Rs 3,500 crore raised via the QIP, has reduced the company’s net-debt to about Rs 6,750 crore.

Merger with Vodafone

The companies had signed a definitive deal in March 2017, following which the Competition Commission of India (CCI) had approved the proposed merger of Vodafone India with Idea Cellular, in July 2017. The following month, August 2017, the joint venture received the nod from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The only pending approval is the National Company Law Tribunal.

As per the merger agreement between the two companies, Vodafone India will invest net-debt equivalent to Idea’s net-debt following the completion of the merger, plus Rs 2,500 crore in the joint venture.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Idea also mentioned that:

Additionally, we have recently announced the sale of Idea’s and Vodafone India’s standalone towers to ATC Telecom Infrastructure Private Limited, which is a subsidiary of American Tower Corporation, for an aggregate enterprise value of Rs 7,850 crore. Further, we continue to evaluate strategic options to monetize Idea’s 11.15% stake in Indus Towers. These proceeds will strengthen the financial position of the merged entity.

Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

The Delhi High Court should quash the government's order to block Tanul Thakur's website in light of the Shreya Singhal verdict by the Supreme...

News

Releasing the policy is akin to putting the proverbial 'cart before the horse'.

News

The industry's growth is being weighed down by taxation and legal uncertainty.

News

Due to the scale of regulatory and technical challenges, transparency reporting under the IT Rules has gotten off to a rocky start.

News

Here are possible reasons why Indians are not generating significant IAP revenues despite our download share crossing 30%.

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ