MediaNama invites you to apply for a curated and invite-only #NAMAprivacy discussion on the Data Protection paper, on the 19th of January 2018 at the India Habitat Centre in Delhi. The deadline for the data protection consultation submission is the 31st of January, and we thought this might be an opportunity to debate specific aspects of the paper, to understand the issues better. We plan to discuss the paper, segment by segment. Note that this discussion will be under CHATHAM HOUSE RULES: no live updates or social sharing, and any comments should not be attributable, or such that they end up identifying a participant.
Issues that we plan to discuss:
- Data classification and rights of the data subject
- Notice, consent and purpose limitation
- Data controllers, processing and exclusions
- Jurisdiction issues and cross border data flows
- Data protection authority, powers, enforcement and adjudication
Note that this is a curated event, with active audience participation, and selection will be based on potential contribution to the discussion.
We’re looking at an audience of around 50-55 people across:
– Policy wonks and Think Tanks
– Large Internet businesses that collect and store data
– Individuals interested in these issues and intending to participate in the process
– Government and Regulatory Executives
– Members of Parliament and their staff
In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite by the 15th of January 2018. Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here , and past ads here . For advertising, contact email@example.com. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.