wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Payments and fintech roundup: PhonePe, Hike Wallet, and CoinHub

PhonePe sold 5000 POS devices in within first month PhonePe said that it has sold 5000 units of its POS device after a few weeks of its launch. The PhonePe POS device works on Bluetooth, and does not require Internet connection for digital payments. It is meant to serve merchants like kirana stores, petrol pumps, food chains,  restaurants among others. For payments via PhonePe's POS, users need to bring their phone close to the POS device and it automatically shows the merchant details & amount to be paid.  The company is currently selling the device in Bangalore on pilot basis, it is unclear when and how does it plan to expand. However, PhonePe said that it is looking to sell about 1 million units in 2018. *** Hike Wallet crosses 10m transactions, to add other payment services Hike Messenger said that it has crossed 10 million transactions per month on its Wallet, of which 70% were on recharge and the remaining 30% on P2P. Hike Messenger had launched Hike Wallet to transfer money, recharge their phones, and send cash vouchers, in June this year. It claims that the transactions on waller are growing 100% month-on-month. Hike is also planning to add more services like cab bookings, bus, train, movie tickets and pay bills in Q1 2018. *** CoinHub users can now withdraw cash from ATMs in UAE Technology company NCR Corporation has partnered cryptocurrency exchange CoinHub in the UAE  to enable users to make cash withdrawals from their cryptocurrency account at the ATM. How it will work: It is just…

Please subscribe/login to read the full story.
Written By

Writes about e-commerce, social media, tech and Internet ecosystem.

Free Reads

News

The ‘Reforming Intelligence and Securing America Act’ (RISAA) is a legislation to reauthorize Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

News

In its submission, the Interior Ministry said the decision to impose a ban was "made in the interest of upholding national security, maintaining public...

News

Among other things, the security requirements include data encryption and regular review and updated access permissions to reflect personnel changes.

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

NPCI CEO Dilip Asbe recently said that what is not written in regulations is a no-go for fintech entities. But following this advice could...

News

Notably, Indus Appstore will allow app developers to use third-party billing systems for in-app billing without having to pay any commission to Indus, a...

News

The existing commission-based model, which companies like Uber and Ola have used for a long time and still stick to, has received criticism from...

News

Factors like Indus not charging developers any commission for in-app payments and antitrust orders issued by India's competition regulator against Google could contribute to...

News

Is open-sourcing of AI, and the use cases that come with it, a good starting point to discuss the responsibility and liability of AI?...

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ