The Broadcast Audience Research Council of India (BARC) India has appointed Nakul Chopra as its third chairman. Chopra currently serves as president of the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) and senior advisor for Publicis Communications as well.
Chopra will be succeeding be Viacom18 Group CEO Sudhanshu Vats who completed his one year term and had joined the BARC India Board in September 2016.
The chairman will also be responsible for the launch of other digital measurement tools. In April, it released a new suite of audience measurement tools.
The new tools include:
- EKAM Pulse: Which will measure the performance of digital video ad campaigns,
- EKAM Beam: To measure linear broadcast that is viewed on a Digital device,
- EKAM Stream: To measure the performance of non-linear and digital video content,
- EKAM Ad-Scan: Which will give an overview of digital ads in India, look at where the advertising money is being spent and which sectors are producing more digital ads, and
- EKAM Integra: A common audience number that will give more accurate incremental reach figures across linear TV and the Internet,
BARC said that its intent through its foray into the digital measurement is to measure total unduplicated audiences across all devices and platforms, measuring combined program impressions or advertisements regardless of where and how content or ad is being consumed, through a Single Source Panel.