Embedding Human Rights in Cybersecurity
Date: November 21, 2017
Time: 6PM to 8.30PM
Venue: Lecture Room II, India International Centre – Annexe, KK Birla Lane, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
6.00 – 6.30 pm: Tea and Coffee
6.30 – 7.30 pm: Session 1, “Resolving tensions between rights and security in cyberspace”
– Amalia Toledo, Karisma Foundation
– Matthew Shears, Global Partners Digital
– Serene Lim, Empower Malaysia
– Prem Trivedi, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
Moderator: Isabel Rodde, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
7.30 – 8.30 pm: Session 2, “Embedding human rights in India’s cybersecurity laws and policies”
– Dr. Anja Kovacs, Internet Democracy Project
– Mishi Choudhary, SFLC.in
– Chinmayi Arun, Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University, Delhi
Moderator: Nikhil Pahwa, MediaNama
8.30 pm onwards: Dinner.
Delhi Tech Talks is organised by Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University Delhi; Centre for Internet and Society, India; Digital Empowerment Foundation; HasGeek; Internet Democracy Project; IT for Change
& SFLC.in (Software Freedom Law Centre, India), along with MediaNama as media partner.
Disclosure: This is an advertisement for a partner event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events or partnering with us, please contact email@example.com. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.