Internet service and cable TV provider Hathway Cable added 100,000 broadband subscribers during the quarter ended June 2017 (Q1 FY18), taking the total broadband subscriber base to 700,000 users. This is a slower growth compared to 200,000 user additions in the previous quarter. On a Year-on-Year (YoY) basis, broadband subscriber base has grown by 75% from 0.4 million in Q4 FY17, but this is on a very small base.
- Total subscribers: 700,000
- Added subscribers: 100,000
- Average data consumption: 78GB
- Average speeds: 40 Mbps (it offers speeds of up to 200 Mbps)
- Broadband ARPU: down to Rs 730 from Rs 740 last quarter, Rs 724 in Q1FY17 (last year).
Revenue from broadband services stood at Rs 129 crore during the quarter, which is up marginally from Rs 127.6 crore in the previous quarter. On a YoY basis, broadband revenues were up 23.3% from Rs 104.6 crore. The ISP made Rs 27.2 crore in profits (after tax) during the quarter from its broadband business.
- Overall revenue from operations: Hathway reported Rs 365.6 crore in gross revenue during Q1FY18, up 20% YoY from Rs 304.5 crore in revenues a year ago.
- EBITDA margin: For the quarter ended June 2017 (Q1 FY18) Hathway’s EBITDA was at Rs 76.5 crore, up by 97% YoY from Rs 38.9 crore.