Info Edge, which owns Naukri.com, Jeevansathi, 99Acres, Shiksha.com, among others, has reported a net profit of Rs 64.23 crore for the quarter ended March 2017 (Q1 FY18). On a sequential basis, net profit was up 95.5% from Rs 32.86 crore, and on a year-on-year basis, was up 44.8% from Rs 44.35 crore.
Total income for Info Edge was up to Rs 248.9 crores, up 12.1% year on year. Other income was at Rs 26.4 crores. Net sales (revenue) was up 12.6% year on year at Rs 222.5 crore. Billing for the company increased to Rs 241.6 crore, up 13.8% year on year.
In a statement, Chintan Thakkar, CFO at Info Edge, said that their EBITDA margin has been increasing for the past three quarters. “This quarter the EBITDA Margin after adjusting for the non-cash charge for ESOPs is at healthy 35.5% and the adjusted EBITDA is up by 44% compared to the corresponding quarter of the last year.”
- Recruitment Solutions (including and mostly Naukri.com) reported Rs 159.77 crores, up marginally from Rs 155.49 crore last quarter, and up from Rs 143.97 crores for the same quarter last year. The segment posted profit before tax of Rs 85.2 crores, marginally higher than Rs 84.39 crore reported last quarter, and substantially higher than 70.7 crores reported for the same quarter last year.
- Real estate portal (99acres) reported revenues of Rs 31.3 crores, up from Rs 27.49 crore reported last quarter, and Rs 278.55 crores reported last year. Loss for the segment for the period stood at Rs 11.18 crores, lower than Rs 12.97 crore reported last quarter, and Rs 20.59 crores reported for the same period last year.
- Other segments, including Shiksha and Jeevansathi, reported Rs 31.32 crores in revenues, compared to Rs 25.44 crore last quarter. The segment posted a loss of Rs 2.95 crores, down significantly from Rs 4.19 crores last quarter, but higher than Rs 1.75 crores last year
Info Edge has used Rs 155.4 crore of its Rs 750 crore QIP proceeds as working capital for 99Acres. The company had raised Rs 750 crore in the Q2 FY16, by selling 10.13 million shares of face value Rs 10 each, for an issue price of Rs 740 per share.
– Costs related to employees continued to be the largest expenditure for Info Edge. It stood at Rs 99.1 crore compared to Rs 93.5 in the last quarter. Employee costs amounted to 62.88% of the total expenditure.
– Advertising and promotion costs stood at Rs 25.41 crores, higher than the Rs 21.7 crore reported last quarter. Ad expenses accounted for 16.12% of the total expenditure this quarter. For context, advertising expenditure used to be typically around 20% of total expenditure for the company, but has been lower for the last few quarters.