DB Corp, the publisher of dailies such as DNA, Dainik Bhaskar and Divya Bhaskar, reported digital revenues of Rs 12.07 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2017 (Q1 FY18). This represents a marginal growth of 1.2% from Rs 12.22 crore in the same quarter last year. On a sequential basis, digital revenues decreased 14.9% from Rs 14.18 crore. The segment reported a loss before tax of Rs 7.37 crore which is 1% higher from Rs 7.29 crore in the same quarter last year.
The contribution of ad revenues from the digital segment has decreased by 1.5% YoY and 14.5% quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) at Rs 1.23 crore, while ad revenues from print reported YoY growth of 4.5% and QoQ growth of 26% at Rs 373.4 crore.
The company’s print business still dominates its operational revenues, accounting for over 90% DB Corp’s operational income for the quarter with Rs 549.35 crore, which has increased slightly by 3.5% from Rs 530.81 crore in the same quarter last year.
Last year in August, DB Corp launched Homeonline.com, a real estate portal. The website is live for Raipur and Bhopal currently. The company claims Homeonline.com witnessed 17 lakh pageviews between August 2016 and March 2017.
Digital business highlights
– Unique visitors to their websites increased to 85.6 million in June 2017, compared to 41.5 million in June 2016.
– Pageviews increased to 1.9 billion for the month of June 2017, compared to 1.6 billion in the same period last year.
– 9.9 million app downloads of Divya Bhaskar and Dainik Bhaskar.
– Operational revenues stood at Rs 594.3 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2017 (Q1 FY18), which represents a growth of 14.9% on sequential basis and 3.4% increase on YoY basis from Rs 574.5 crore.
– It reported net profit of Rs 110.11 crore, which represents QoQ increase of 71.5% from Rs 64.2 crore last quarter (Q4 FY17), and a YoY increase of 5.9% from Rs 103.95 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Advertising Revenues grew 5% YoY to Rs 433.6 crore as against Rs. 413.6 crore in Q1 FY17.