Global video streaming platform YuppTV has struck a licensing partnership with Yash Raj Films (YRF). As part of the agreement, YuppTV will now host movies produced by Yash Raj Films on its movie-on-demand service, YuppFlix. These titles include Sultan, Fan, Befikre, and Dhoom 3 among others. As per the deal, all YuppFlix users outside India will be able to stream these movies if they are subscribed to the service’s premium plan, which costs $7 a month (the service charges in dollars even to subscribers in India).
In India, however, subscribers will have to buy each individual title under this deal to watch them, like on iTunes and Google Play Movies. The subscription rights to these titles seems to be with Amazon in India, as the titles mentioned by YuppTV are available on Prime Video.
Recent YuppTV developments
– Last month, YuppTV won the rights to broadcast the ICC Champions Trophy in Canada and continental Europe, excluding Germany, Switzerland and Austria. In India, Hotstar will stream the championship.
– It launched a streaming device in April named Freedocast.
– The company recently released Telugu webseries Endukila? (‘How Come?’), its first original show.
– The company raised $50 million last October from Emerald Media, a Pan-Asian investment firm.
– They partnered with USP Studios for kids’ content last December.