MediaNama invites you to apply for #NAMAcloud, a curated open-house discussion on ‘Securing Online Data‘, at Hilton Embassy GolfLinks in Bangalore, at 7:00 pm on the 23rd of June 2017, hosted in association with Akamai, and supported by Microsoft.
Organizations are adopting cloud storage as their primary way of storing data – this huge shift is happening right as security concerns are being raised on how cloud storage vendors handle their clients’ data. After the WannaCry attack, it has become more important for organizations to secure data, especially when many of them are putting all their eggs in one basket. We want to bring all major stakeholders to the discussion table to understand issues related to this.
The discussion is likely to cover the following points:
01. Newer types of attacks that need to be addressed by cloud vendors
02. Specific cloud-side practices that prevent breaches compromising multiple clients
03. Practices to secure vulnerable endpoints on both cloud & client side
04. Dealing with attacks once breaches happen
05. Addressing challenges of socially-engineered breaches
06. Managing backups and redundancies
07. Data localisation – challenges and opportunities
08. Role of the government and TRAI in monitoring and regulation of cloud services
The session will be followed by dinner
Note that this is a curated event, and meant only for those who are already working in this domain. Every attendee will be a participant in this discussion. We’re looking at an audience of around 50-60 people across:
– Founders of online and mobile startups
– CTOs and CIOs of online businesses
– Technology heads of businesses going online
To attend, please click here to apply. In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite by the 17th of June. Your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy can be seen here, and past ads here. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you’re interested in sponsoring our events,please contact email@example.com.