Elara Technologies, which owns Housing.com, PropTiger.com, and Makaan.com, will now have international listings on its portal. It gets the international listings as it joins the network of its investor company REA Group. This would essentially mean that an Indian user would be able to access more than 4.5 million international listings from 72 countries, in India’s local currency and language. Similarly, Indian developers can list to a global audience. The company claims the listings on the global property network will be exposed to more than 450,000 visits and 4.6 million page views globally each month.
During Housing’s merger, Elara had claimed to have a monthly traffic of over 7 million visits, with more than 1 million properties listed for resale and over 195 thousand properties listed for rent.
REA Group and Elara Technologies
News Corp, which is the largest shareholder in PropTiger with 30% shares, also owns 61.6% of REA Group as well. During the merger of PropTiger and Housing in January this year, REA Group had invested in $ 50 million in the combined entity. REA Group is a digital advertising business specializing in property. The group operates realestate.com.au and realcommercial.com.au, casa.it, atHome.lu and immoRegion.fr, myfun.com and iProperty Group. It is present in China, USA, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau. The international listings will be picked from these websites.
Housing’s focus on rentals
In December 2016, Housing.com is re-launched rental listings after it suspended home rental business in November 2015. Last year the company claimed that the closure of its rental business was a “strategic decision” in order to focus more on the home buying & selling segment. Housing said in a statement that the government’s demonetization move is expected to cause a major slow-down in the home-buying and selling segment. This would likely shift growth to the home rental space, “making it an opportune time to re-launch the rentals business,” the company added.
Acquisitions by PropTiger and Housing.com
- In September 2016, PropTiger acqui-hired PropRates, a Mumbai-based data collation company. This acquisition was to help the real estate website to augment its existing DataLabs offerings. The team of PropRates joined PropTiger to continue building products for data gathering for the company.
- In September 2015, Housing aqui-hired Plat, a startup which operates an online network for agents where they can share real estate inventories and requirement and BigBHK, a property management software targeted at rentals suppliers.
- In August 2015, it acquired sales lifecycle management HomeBuy360 for $2 million.
- In May 2015, Housing acquired the Delhi-based real estate analytics portal Realty Business Intelligence for an estimated $2-4 million.
- In April 2015, PropTiger acquired Out of Box Interaction (OoBi), a user interface design firm, for an undisclosed amount.
- In March 2015, the company acquired realty-focused online community Indian Real Estate Forum (IREF) for Rs 8 crore.