Cab hailing application service Uber has launched a service for corporate clients called Uber Central which will allow them to get centralized transportation for customers, clients, and guests. The company describes it as a “one-to-many” product which will allow an organization to manage multiple rides at the same time through a dashboard.
The new product was built on the top of the Uber for Business platform which allowed companies to set up corporate accounts with Uber and manage the travels of their employees. Note the key feature of Uber Central is that customers who receive rides through platform do not need to have an Uber account to take a ride.
Operators or travel desks in companies can book rides for customers on a dashboard:
– They will have a contact number, the pickup and drop off point and choose ride category.
– Operators can track real-time status of the ride and estimated time of arrival.
– Riders will get an SMS providing the details of the driver and an URL with the location of the car.
Organizations using Uber Central will also get digital billing, reporting and management tools to manage operations. The company added that more than 8,000 companies participated in the pilot program, which included over 50 customers from India. This includes The Leela Palaces Hotels and Resorts, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Dell and Groupon.
New products in India
Over the last few months, Uber has been steadily increasing the number of products in India. They include:
– UberHIRE which will allow users to hire a cab for up to 12 hours. It will be available in New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Vizag and Nagpur and Kochi.
– UberEATS, its standalone on-demand meal delivery app. The company is taking user input by asking them to list their favourite restaurants in their city, other than independently getting restaurants and cab drivers onboard.
– Telematics features for drivers to predict and prevent accidents and to track performance. The feature is currently live in Bangalore and will now be made available to all drivers in 29 cities Uber is present in.
– It also launched real-time ID check for drivers using selfies. Currently, live in Bangalore it will be made available to all drivers in 29 cities.