Subscription-based video-on-demand platform nexGTv has acquired the global broadcast rights of ABP News Network’s four channels namely ABP News Hindi, followed by ABP Asmita (Gujarati), ABP Ananda (Bangla) and ABP Majha (Marathi).
The platform presently claims to have had over 25 million downloads for its app offering 150+ Live TV channels to its users. The company also has independent nexGTv such as nexGTV Kids, nexGTV Yoga, nexGTV News and nexGTV Comedy One. nexGTV has been building its content library by entering into several prominent partnerships for different genres of content.
- In March 2017, nexGTv partnered with GivingTales, an illustrative fairy tale narration platform backed by Sir Roger Moore to feature Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tales with voice-overs provided by actors including Dame Joan Collins, Charlotte Rampling, Stephen Fry, Sir Michael Caine, and Sir Roger Moore.
- In January 2017, the platform partnered with Lokdhun Telemedia Pvt Ltd to broadcast 138 films including 22 Punjabi movies
- In December 2106, nexGTv partnered with Mosquito Entertainment acquiring worldwide digital rights for its kids edutainment content.
- Earlier in November 2016, the company had partneredwith Web Talkies for the worldwide digital telecast rights to ‘Maid In India’.
- It also partnered with Culture Machine, apart from also acquiring the digital rights to UK-based comedy web series, ATtheCOUNTER.