wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Eros Now does 5-9 year deals with telcos, with subscriber miminum guarantees

Eros Plc CEO Jyoti Deshpande is bullish on the online video space, having seen the company cross its target of 2 million paying subscribers for its Eros Now service, a quarter earlier than expected. So new targets have been set. Deshpande has now set a conservative target of 5-6 million paying subscribers in fiscal 2018, "which is triple our current base," and, "It would be a dream come true to revise up that target during the course of next year as we continue to grow the platform." Last quarter, Eros Now had set a 5-year target of at least 15-20 million subscribers worldwide with a blended annual ARPU of $5 from India and $30 internationally with 80% of the target subscribers from India and the remaining 20% internationally. According to Eros Now, a paying subscriber is someone who has made a valid payment to subscribe to a service that includes the Eros Now service either as part of a bundle or on a standalone basis, either directly or indirectly through a telecom operator or OEM in any given month be it through a daily, weekly or monthly billing pack, as long as the validity of the pack is, for at least one month. For growth, Eros is relying on telecom operators for distribution. It is live on Airtel, Jio, Vodafone and Idea, and the company saw "six digit contributions" from Idea Cellular and Vodafone, "within weeks of launch", with Idea going live only in January 2017. Eros reported digital and ancillary…

Please subscribe/login to read the full story.
Written By

Founder @ MediaNama. TED Fellow. Asia21 Fellow @ Asia Society. Co-founder SaveTheInternet.in and Internet Freedom Foundation. Advisory board @ CyberBRICS

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

Studying the 'community' supporting the late Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) shows how Twitter was gamed through organized engagement

News

Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?

News

A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'

News

India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...

News

There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ