nexGTv, a subscription-based video-on-demand platform, has partnered with Mosquitoes Entertainment Pvt Ltd, acquiring worldwide digital rights for its kids content. The videos will be available across on nexGTv’s mobile app and web platform to its paying subscribers. Targeting toddlers, pre-schoolers, kindergardeners and young children, these videos cover arts & craft, moral stories, virtual classes, Hindi rhymes, origami, clay modelling, among others. The content will be available both on nexGTv’s main app and its new Kids app.
nexGTv’s exclusive Kids app:
nexGTv launched its freemium kids app, nexGTv Kids in May 2016 targeting kids between 2-10 years of age. At the time of its launch, the app had Live TV listing of channels such as Cartoon Network, Pogo, and Big Magic. It also aggregates free animated movies, drama/thriller movies, and serials across multiple titles/genres. In addition to the entertainment content, kids will also have access to educational videos including art & craft tutorials, Science experiment videos, and nursery rhymes. At the time of the launch, the app was available on android and iOS in 140 countries.
Partnerships and app launches:
- In November 2016, nexGTv partnered with Web Talkies for the worldwide digital telecast rights to ‘Maid In India’.
- In September 2016, nexGTv tied up with YouTube MCN Culture Machine to feature its video content from its digital channels.
- During the same time. nexGTv also acquired the digital telecast rights to UK-based Daehan Drama’s popular comedy web series, ATtheCOUNTER.
- In July 2016, the platform partnered with production company Sai Entertainment to acquire global digital rights for 1000 movies owned by the production house.
- In the same month, it launched an Android app for streaming movies and music from different genres/categories available in its repository. It had previously partnered with TV channels such as B4U, Zoom, Maa TV, 9X Jalwa, Tashan, B4U Music, M Tunes and 9XM Music to acquire movie streaming rights and claims to have an online library of nearly 2500 movies.
- In June 2016, it launched a separate humour app called Comedy One. The company partnered with ONE Network Entertainment, an online video creator, talent aggregator, branded content producer, for the same.
- Earlier in April 2016, the platform launched its services globally across 140 countries.
- In February 2016, the platform tied-up with #fame to integrate its content on its streaming platform. As a part of the deal, #fame will create and premiere content exclusively on nexGTv before publishing it on other channels.
- In December 2015, film director Imtiaz Ali tied up with nexGTv to launch a digital platform called SPOTLight where filmmakers and content creators can post their original short videos across genres.
The company presently claims to have 150+ Live TV channels on its platform.
Competition in Kids content space: The competition in the kids space seems to be increasing. In November 2016, Sony’s video on demand service Sony LIV launched LIV Kids with kids entertainment content. YouTube also launched its YouTube Kids’ app in India both on Android and iOS.