Ola has launched its first dedicated training center for drivers in partnership with Rise India and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in Chapra district in Bihar. The company mentions that it will aim to launch such training centers in every district in India over the next five years.
According to Ola, with this initiative it will add 50 lakh drivers on its platform by 2022. It mentions that it will work closely with state governments to set up training centers and work with financial institutions and car manufacturers to give these drivers access to vehicles, insurance, capital etc., at lower rates. As of now, the company claims to have over 5 lakh drivers signed up over the last 5 years.
Ola’s previous tie ups for drivers:
– Last month, Ola tied up with Mahindra & Mahindra to provide vehicles on loans to 40,000 driver partners.
– In August, the company tied up with FlexiLoans to offer Ola’s drivers with ‘business and need based’ loans of up to Rs 100,000, limited to its ‘Ola Star’ or top rated drivers in Mumbai and Bangalore.
– In February 2015, it tied up with SBI to extend vehicle financing for its drivers under a new programme called Ola Pragati.
– In March 2015, it launched a reward points programme called Ola Stars for drivers based on their monthly performance. This would include benefits like medical insurance, scholarship for children, skill development training to fuel discounts and car-servicing.
– In August 2015, it announced a new programme to incentivize drivers in Delhi with benefits of up to Rs 100,000 and including a discount of up to Rs 60,000 to purchase a new CNG car.
– In September 2015, Ola partnered with Indian Oil to provide its drivers cashbacks of Re 1 for every liter of fuel filled at IOCL stations across India.