Update below in the Snapdeal section.
ShopClues claims that 5 days into its 10 day Diwali sale Agartala, Guwahati, and Imphal saw the highest demand, seeing 380% growth on average. Mobile traffic during the sale increased to 86% from 72%.
– Aizawl, Shillong, Dispur, Dibrugarh, Dimapur, Barpeta, Amguri, and Bongaigaon were top cities following Agartala, Guwahati and Imphal
– ShopClues saw 3.5x organic growth for its Android installs and 4x in iOS app installs
– Tier 3 cities Salem, Cuttack, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, Thrissur, Jammu, Aligarh, Jamshedpur and Durgapur saw app downloads increased by 153%
– Tier 2 cities Lucknow, Patna, Bhopal, Indore, Ludhiana, Jaipur, Coimbatore, Surat, Kanpur, Visakhapatnam saw 138% growth in mobile app downloads
– Tier 1 cities saw 117% growth in app traffic
– ShopClues has 6 crore SKUs on sale for #ItneKumMein
– On day 4, there was a huge demand for fashion, home & kitchen, jewellery & watches and mobile & laptop accessories categories
3 October: Snapdeal said that on the first day of its Unbox Diwali sale, it recorded the highest ever sales by volume and value. It claims that sales volumes were 9x of average daily sales, and over 80% of the orders came in through mobile. Snapdeal says that there was 20x more traffic from Tier 2 & 3 cities coming from Mizoram, Meghalaya, Goa, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir in that order.
Highlights from its sale:
– On the first day, Redmi Note 3, iPhone 6s, iPhone 5s, Mi Max, LeEco Le Max 2 were top selling phones followed by Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro & Samsung Galaxy J3S.
– Other popular products include Voltas 1.2 Ton Split Air-conditioners, Dell & Acer laptops, Canon and Nikon cameras and kitchen appliances including Juicer Mixer Grinders and Pressure Cookers.
– Best sellers included storage devices from Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, SanDisk and small electronics like Philips hair dryers, JBL In-ear speakers. Shavers and trimmers were also best sellers.
– Snapdeal sold over 100,000 pairs of footwear on the first day.
– 250,000 kitchen equipment and utensils were sold on the first day.
On the seller front, Snapdeal claims that 37 sellers crossed Rs 1 crore turnover on the first day.
– 63,000 unique sellers got orders on the first day.
– First day sale products accounted for 3,000 tonnes of cargo.
Day 2 & 3:
Snapdeal said that it had sold
– 55,000 toolkits so far
– 240 DSLRs on the second day of sale
– Hair straighteners among other products were the top selling in personal grooming products on the third day, whereas eye makeup was the most selling cosmetic item
Snapdeal claimed that movie booking services through BookMyShow saw a 7x surge. 1,500 users ordered home cleaning services from UrbanClap in the last few days. It also claims to have made 7x more bookings on Uber through Snapdeal.
– 200% spike in travel bookings
– On the fourth day of the sale, it saw new users logging in from Tier 2 and 3 cities, whereas there was ‘heavy repeat usage’ from users in metros
– There was a 60% increase in conversions from personalised screens and recommendations
– On the third day, Snapdeal sold 7 sarees per minute, 2 bath and sanitary products every minute and 1,000 digital safes and vacuum cleaners each in one day.
– Home and kitchen products were in high demand, furniture category saw a 63x demand where recliners were most popular
– Kitchen appliances like cookware & bakeware, food processors, microwave ovens & OTG appliances saw a 30x increase.
– DSLRs were bought 40x more than the ‘usual rate of sale’
– Snapdeal donated 142,000 stationery kits in partnership with Intex and Coca Cola to underprivileged children
Update, 7 October: Snapdeal sold 11 million units during its Unbox Diwali sale, where fashion, home and general merchandise and electronics were highest selling by volume.
– Prepaid orders were over 50% of total orders in the sale.
– 40% increase in women shoppers during the sale.
– There were over 1 million concurrent users logged into Snapdeal at its peak time.
– 4x increase in new shoppers as compared to the 2015 sale.
– Most users were from Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Pune in that order.
– Traffic from Tier 2 and 3 cities increased by 20x across the country.
– 75,000 unique sellers got multiple orders during the sale.