VC firm YourNest has launched YourNest India Fund II worth Rs 300 crore ($45 million) in which it will seek funds from Indian high net worth individuals, Indian and global institutions and fund of funds. The new fund will focus on pre Series A investments in 25-30 startups in technology, especially in IoT, electronic system design, AI, advanced robotics, enterprise software and mobile internet.
Annually, the company plans to invest in 4-8 startups. YourNest has also roped in Dr Vivek Mansingh as general partner. Mansingh is also listed as an investor in YourNest’s previous Angel Fund I. YourNest was founded by Sunil K Goyal, Sanjay Pande and Girish Shivani in April 2011. Its first fund was worth $13 million.
YourNest’s investments through the years:
– In July, SeeDoc raised $1 million from YourNest and other investors.
– In June, speech recognition solutions company Uniphore Software Systems raised an undisclosed amount of funding from IDG Ventures, with participation from existing investor YourNest Angel Fund. In March 2014, the company raised undisclosed amount of investment from Indian Angel Network with participation from YourNest Angel Fund and Ray Stata.
– In May, SmartQ, a Bangalore-based food ordering app, raised $250,000 (around Rs 1.7 crore) in pre-Series A funding led by YourNest Angel Fund.
– In April, app based store discovery platform Fashalot secured an undisclosed amount funding led by YourNest Angel Fund and Rajul Garg.
– In March, aahaa stores, an online marketplace for office supplies, raised $1 million in a pre-series A funding round from a group of investors led by YourNest Angel Fund.
– In the same month, Noida-based customer engagement platform and mobile wallet aggregator MoMark, raised $600,000 in a pre Series-A funding led by YourNest Angel Fund.
– In January, Mycity4kids, an online platform for parents to seek out kids activities in their cities, raised $3 million from SIDBI Venture Capital and YourNest Angel Fund. In June 2012, the company had raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from YourNest Angel Fund.
– In December 2015, Arya.ai, a Mumbai-based artificial intelligence startup, raised $750,000 in a round of funding from YourNest Angel Fund and VentureNursery.
– In March 2015, GolfLAN raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from YourNest Angel Fund.
– In November 2014, Gurgaon-based Simpli5d Technologies, which operates the Captcha ad platform NLPCaptcha, raised funding from YourNest Angel Fund and Udaan Angel Partners.
– In July 2012, Taxi rental service Bookmycab received its first round of funding from YourNest Angel Fund and Mumbai Angels.
Our funds coverage here.