Porting requests were submitted for 5.16 million connections in the month of June 2016, according to the Indian Telecom regulator TRAI. This is down 1.27% from 5.22 million porting requests reported in May 2016.
For the month of June, the maximum number of requests in Zone-I (North and West India) were received in Rajasthan at 0.30 million, followed by Mumbai at 0.28 million and Gujarat at 0.28 million. Jammu & Kashmir which has one of the lowest user bases, continues to receive the lowest number of porting requests at 5,253. Note that TRAI does not provide any operator-wise breakdown for these number porting requests.
In Zone-II (South and East India), Bihar led with 0.60 million number porting requests till date, followed by Karnataka which received 0.48 million requests and Madhya Pradesh which received 0.44 million requests. The North East circle saw 10,933 number porting requests for the month, up from 6,010 requests in the previous month.
Download: TRAI Press Release
– 5.22M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in May 2016
– 4.90M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in April 2016
– 5.10M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in February 2016
– 5.61M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in January 2016
– 7.31M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in December 2015