MediaNama invites you to apply for a curated #NAMA open discussion on the “Future of Internet Telephony”, at India Habitat Centre in Delhi, at 05:00 pm on the 1st of September 2016, as a part of a round table event hosted in partnership with Microsoft.
Over the past year, many regulatory challenges related to Internet Telephony have come to light: it offers consumers much cheaper calling, and it is integrated with many services, but telecom operators feel that there is a regulatory arbitrage enjoyed by such ventures, whether it is in terms of payment of license fees, or security requirements. Opponents argue VoIP is not the same as regular phone calling, and treating one type of data packet differently from another is a net neutrality violation. With multiple consultations on Internet Telephony, we discuss the future of Internet Telephony in India, from a business and regulatory standpoint.
The discussion will broadly cover the following issues:
1. Differences between VoIP and regular calling
2. Interconnection challenges between VoIP and regular calling
3. Applications and integration of VoIP with services, and building a growing VoIP ecosystem
4. The future of cloud telephony in the VoIP context
5. Security challenges for government agencies
6. Security issues for consumers
7. Addressing security challenges for VoIP services
8. Advantages and challenges with terminating VoIP into PSTN networks
9. How will interconnection charges between VoIP and PSTN work?
The session will be followed by dinner.
Note that this is a curated event, and meant only for those who are already working in this domain. Every attendee will be a participant in this discussion. We’re looking at an audience of around 50 people across:
– VoIP companies
– Messaging companies
– Regulatory members
– Telecom operators
– Cloud telephony companies
– Device manufacturers
How to attend: Please click here to apply
In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite. Also, your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama. To get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check our #NAMAindic coverage
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Delhi. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy and past ads are here. For advertising, contact email@example.com.