MediaNama invites you to apply for a curated #NAMA open discussion on the Future of Content and Payments on 4G, at St Regis in Mumbai, at 11 am on the 18th of August 2016, as a part of an event hosted in partnership with Akamai Technologies.
Please click here to apply
Dr. Tom Leighton, CEO & Co Founder, Akamai Technologies, will share his views on “The Future of the Internet”.
The discussion on the Future of Content and Payments in a 4G environment, with you as a participant, will broadly cover the following issues (and more):
1. Consumption and transaction related challenges faced by consumers in the current environment
2. Current trends in content consumption, and changes expected with the launch of 4G
3. Current trends in payments, and changes expected with the launch of 4G and Payments banks
4. The role telecom operators and ISPs: ensuring availability and seamless connectivity, and addressing latency issues
5. The relationships between telecom operators and ISPs, and content and payments providers in India: partnerships, dependencies and rivalries
6. The switch from feature phones to smartphones, and its impact on consumer behavior
7. How content and transaction companies can work together
The session will be followed by Lunch
How to attend
Note that this is a CXO only event, and invitation only. It is meant only for those who are already working in this domain, in a strategic and decision making role. Every attendee will be a participant in this discussion. We’re looking at an audience of around 50 people, across:
– Digial video companies
– Music labels
– Telecom operators
– Wallet companies
– Payment gateways
In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite. Also, your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama. To get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check our #NAMAiot and #NAMAindic coverage
About Dr Tom Leighton
Dr. Tom Leighton co-founded Akamai Technologies in 1998, and served as Akamai’s Chief Scientist for 14 years before becoming Chief Executive. Dr. Leighton is Akamai’s technology visionary and leads the senior management team in setting the company’s strategic direction, while engaging directly with customers and partners from around the globe. He is also a member of the Board of Directors. As one of the world’s preeminent authorities on algorithms for network applications, Dr. Leighton’s work behind establishing Akamai was based on recognizing that a solution to freeing up web congestion could be found in applied mathematics and algorithms. Prior to his role as CEO of Akamai, Dr. Leighton was also a Professor of Applied Mathematics at MIT and a member of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). He graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University with a B.S. in Engineering and received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from MIT.
This is an advertisement for MediaNama’s event in Mumbai. MediaNama’s Native Advertising policy and past ads are here. For advertising, email@example.com.