We’re getting set for our curated #NAMA open discussion on “The Future of Content and Payments on 4G”, at The St Regis, Lower Parel in Mumbai, at 11:00 am on the 18th of August 2016, as a part of an event hosted in partnership with Akamai Technologies.
This is a final call for you to apply to attend. Applications close on Monday, 15th August 2016.
It’s a curated event, and so far, we’ve got confirmations from Craftsvilla, Reliance General, Yes Bank, ICICI Lombard, Citruspay, Mauj, Saregama, Viacom 18, Network 18, Hotstar, Instamojo, Qyuki, Universal Music, Balaji, Itz Cash, OML, Culture Machine, Funongo Media, TranServ, Sony Entertainment and others.
Given the impending launch of 4G in India, and the potential of seamless connectivity, two businesses are set to be impacted the most: digital content and its consumption, and digital payments and the reliability of digital transactions.
Leading the discussion will be Dr. Tom Leighton, CEO & Co Founder, Akamai Technologies, who is visiting India. Tom will share his views on “The Future of the Internet”.
This will be an interactive session and we will run through a series of points of discussion over 45 minutes:
1. Consumption and transaction related challenges faced by consumers in the current environment
2. Current trends in content consumption, and changes expected with the launch of 4G
3. Current trends in payments, and changes expected with the launch of 4G and Payments banks
4. The role telecom operators and ISPs: ensuring availability and seamless connectivity, and addressing latency issues
5. The relationships between telecom operators and ISPs, and content and payments providers in India: partnerships, dependencies and rivalries
6. The switch from feature phones to smartphones, and its impact on consumer behavior
7. How content and transaction companies can work together
The discussion will be followed by lunch.
Note that this is an CXO only event, and meant only for those who are already working in this domain. Every attendee will be a participant in this discussion. We’re looking at an audience of around 50 people:
– Digial video companies
– Music labels
– Telecom operators
– Wallet companies
– Payment gateways
How to attend: Please click here to apply.
Important: In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite. Also, your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
P.s.: to get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check our #NAMAindic coverage