Opera Mediaworks claims that the click through rate (CTR) was 2x higher in apps than on web, and app revenues were 13.5x higher than those on web, in its Mobile First Insights APAC Q1 2016 (pdf) report.
In Q1 2016, on its ad network there were close to 1.2 million (1,184,882) daily active users (DAUs) and over 8.5 million (8,621,974) monthly active users (MAUs) whose average session lasted 8.5 minutes. Users spent 16.3 hours monthly (0.5 hours daily).
On Opera’s Mobile ad platform, by impressions, the most popular app categories were:
– News and information
– Social networking
– Arts and entertainment
– Music, video and media
– Communication services
– Followed by Sports, Tech and computing, Health and fitness, Lifestyle, Shopping Travel and Productivity.
In ad campaigns, the categories whose engagement had highest CTR were
– Music, video and media, followed by
– Games and
Other takeaways from the report:
– Highest conversion rates were seen in Lifestyle, Games, Education, Sports and Business, finance and investing.
– Mobile ad targeting options for marketers include GPS Location, vertical, device type, device OS, contextual information and gender
On Opera’s ad network:
– 1.43 billion MAUs for March 2016
– 3,000 apps added monthly to the Opera network
– 100 apps added daily
– new app added every 14 minutes
Note that for its Q1 report, Opera has compiled data from the ‘comScore: 2015 U.S. Mobile App Report’ and ‘Nielsen: Insights from Mobile NetView 3.0’.
– Money On Mobile report: Transaction volumes decline to $78 million in April 2016
– 80% of India’s population has a mobile subscription: Ericsson report
– India’s average Internet speeds improve, but still suck
– 23% of users abandoned an app after single use: study
– 122 million users in India using browsers with ad blockers: study
Access our previous Research & number reports coverage.
Image Credit: Opera Mediaworks