DB Corp will launch Homeonline.com, a real estate portal on 1 August 2016, the company announced in its Q1FY17 quarterly report. It has been investing in Homeonline for a year in order to keep its real estate segment ‘strong and protected.’ The website is live for Raipur and Bhopal currently.
The company has also invested in Post Pickle, an English language website aimed at youth and women. The website has reached 1 million visitors, although the company does not mention if they’re unique or overall.
DB Corp publishes dailies Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Saurashtra Samachar, Divya Marathi and DNA. For the quarter ended June 2016 (Q1FY17), the company has posted losses of Rs 7.29 crore for its internet business segment, 8.3% lower from losses of Rs 7.8 crore in the same quarter last year.
However, the Internet segment’s revenues in the quarter were at Rs 23 crore, up by 6.5% from Rs 21.5 crore in the same quarter last year. For the same segment, DB Corp has liabilities of Rs 8.37 crore, up 16.8% from Rs 6.97 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Advertising revenues grew ~21% year-over-year (YOY) to Rs 413.6 crore from Rs 342.3 crore in Q1 of last fiscal, through volume and market share recovery.
– Digital business revenue grew by 22% to Rs 12.3 crore from Rs 10.1 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Dainik Bhaskar in Hindi (dainikbhaskar.com) continues to be the company’s top Hindi website, and Divya Bhaskar its largest Gujarati website.
– DB Corp acquired 13 new radio frequencies which will be rolled out from 1 August 2016. With this, MY FM 94.3 will have coverage of 10 cities in Maharashtra.
– DB Corp has a tie up with The Economist.
– The company launched DBlite, a ‘lighter’ version of the site to make the load time lesser.
– Total unique visitors now at 42 million, up from 30 million in June 2015 (including mobile and app)
– 1.7 billion page views in June 2016, up from 565 million in June 2015 and 30 million unique visitors in the same month.
– 7 million app downloads for Dainik Bhaskar and Divya Bhaskar, 33 million video views
Download: Financials & Presentation