Ranjan was a high profile hire from Google in 2015 and joined the company as the director of engineering. According to his LinkedIn profile, Ranjan will continue his role as director of head of engineering. In addition, he would head the technology strategy while looking into areas of mobile technologies and machine learning at Flipkart.
This is second time in the past months that Flipkart has revamped its top management. Last month, the company had promoted Samardeep Subandh as head of categories, Anil Goteti to head the marketplace and Ajay Veer Yadav as VP of mobiles category.
Flipkart has also hired former CTO of Micromax Informatics Ashish Agarwal as senior Vice President of Engineering. The report said that Agarwal is expected to join the company this month and will head the engineering division of Flipkart’s consumer shopping experience.
Hari Vasudev, another senior vice-president of engineering, has been promoted to head the technology function of the marketplace and Ekart.
Both Hari and Ashish will report to Binny Bansal who was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer earlier in January. Hari is also expected to report to Saikiran Krishnamurthy, the head of Ekart, Flipkart’s logistics arm.
Flipkart’s recent departures
– Last Month, Abhijit Bhattacharya had quit as the Director of Brand Marketing & Head of Media at Flipkart.
– The same month, Sharat Singh had quit after a short six-month stint at Flipkart. He had joined Flipkart as vice president of engineering in November.
– In April, Punit Soni, the chief product officer Flipkart, had resigned after a year’s stint at the e-commerce company.
– The same month, Manish Maheshwari had quit Flipkart as VP and Head of its Seller ecosystem.
– In February, Mukesh Bansal had quit the company as head of commerce division and Myntra Chairman. The Chief business officer Ankit Nagori too has put his papers down.