wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Cleartrip revamps its Activities segment as Cleartrip Local

cleartrip

Cleartrip has has revamped its Activities segment as Cleartrip Local which will focus on local experiences within a city. Accordingly, Cleartrip’s app now has a switch to toggle between travel bookings and activities do in a city.

The company says it has over 15,000 activities in over 200 categories in more than 50 cities. Cleartrip now organizes the experiences under activities, eat out, events and fitness. It had launched Cleartrip Activities in August 2015, where it operated as a mobile-marketplace with a collection of things to do in a city including tourist destinations.

For the quarter ended March 2016, Cleartrip said that Actvities accounted for 32% of the searches on the app while flight and hotel booking accounted for the remaining 68% of the searches. It added that 29% of the booked activities cost over Rs 750, 10% between Rs 600-749, 17% between Rs 450-599, 20% between Rs 300-449, 21% between Rs 150-299 and 3% below Rs 149. The Activities segment currently reports 2,000-5,000 transactions per day, ranging from weekdays to weekends, according to this Mint report.

In November last year, it launched a rewards programme called Cleartrip Rewards where it offers Activities worth Rs 500 each on the first three eligible bookings. Eligible bookings include domestic and international flights and hotels with minimum combined flight and hotel value of Rs 10,000 and upwards.

Cleartrip also launched a weekend getaway section as a an extension to its Hotels product. Users have to select the starting point, the check-in and check-out dates, the number of rooms and the number of visitors and then hit search. display a list of hotels based on your criteria within a 2 to 10 hour travel radius. This range can be customized. The travel distance and estimated travel time are displayed over each location.

Multi-city flight booking: In April, Cleartrip launched multi-city flight bookings on its mobile apps, allowing users to book up to 4 flights in the same booking. At the time, the feature was already live on web, but was not available on mobile web.

Funding: Earlier this month, Cleartrip had raised an undisclosed amount in a fresh round of funding from Concur Technologies and Gund Investment, Mint reported. Some of the existing investors also participated in the funding round. The company has raised a total funding of $75 million so far.

With inputs from Archana Sharma

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....

News

By Anand Venkatanarayanan                         There has been enough commentary about the Indian IT...

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali The Indian antitrust regulator, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has a little more than a decade...

News

By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Surabhi Prabhudesai The recent difference of opinions between the Government and Twitter brings to fore the increasing scrutiny...

News

This article is being posted here courtesy of The Wire, where it was originally published on June 17.  By Saksham Singh The St Petersburg paradox,...

You May Also Like

News

Airtel and Reliance Jio now account for as much as 65% of India’s total Mobile connections. BSNL has just 10%. While Reliance Jio and...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ