Digital cinema distribution firm and ad platform UFO Moviez reported a 19.4% increase in the consolidated revenue to Rs 572.1 crore for the year ended March 31, 2016 (FY16), in comparison to Rs 479.3 crore in FY15.
For the quarter ended March 31, 2016 (Q4 FY16), the consolidated revenue of the company improved by 20.1% to Rs 146.7 crore from Rs 122.1 crore in Q4 FY15
- EBITDA grew 33.4% to Rs 53.1 crore compared to Rs 39.8 crore in Q4 FY15
- Net Profit after tax increased by 48.4% to Rs 17.7 crore from Rs 12 crore in Q4 FY15.
The company witnessed a 55.1% increase in its advertising revenue to Rs 46.6 crore for Q4 FY16 in comparison to Rs 30 crore in Q4 FY15. Average advertisement minutes sold per show per screen stood at 4.71 Minutes in Q4 FY16 in comparison to 3.47 in the corresponding period. Theatrical and In-Cinema advertisement (consolidated excluding new businesses) revenues grew by 19.9% to Rs 145.1 crore in comparison to Rs 121 crore for the quarter.
The company reported a 35.3% growth in its advertising revenue with Rs 157.8 crore for the year ended March 31, 2016, in comparison to Rs 116.7 crore in the previous year. Theatrical and In-Cinema advertisement (consolidated excluding new businesses) revenues grew by 18.6% to Rs 567.1 crore for FY16 in comparison to Rs 478.3 crore for FY15.
– UFO Movies had long-term advertising rights to a total of 3713 screens, single and multiples, in the country, as on March 31, 2016, according to its Analyst Presentation. It claims to have an aggregate seating capacity of approximately 1.78 million viewers and a reach of 1,904 locations across India.
– The company has also reported that the Capital Expenditure towards the expansion of Caravan Talkies stood at Rs 17.8 crores in FY16. It informed that 91 Caravans were operational during the quarter in 91 Districts in 6 States and the advertisement revenues for Caravan Talkies stood at Rs. 4.04 crore during FY16.
– In February this year, UFO Moviez had launched a franchise brand called NOVA Cinemas, under its subsidiary Valuable Digital Screens (VDSPL), with plans to help local companies/entrepreneurs own and operate NOVA branded theatres in various parts of the country.