wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

50% of India Property’s users came from mobile in March ’16


At least 50% of users on IndiaProperty’s platform used mobile devices for property search during March, while the rest came from desktop, the company said in a report about demographics and patterns of its users. In 2014, only 10% of the buyers looked for properties via mobile devices compared to 90% on desktop.

The study also claims that 53% of the women who look for properties do it on mobile, while the number is lower for males at 47%.

Mobile Growth: In April 2015 to March 2016, while comparing growth on desktop with mobile, IndiaProperty’s search on mobile grew 10 times faster than on desktops. While in 2014-2015, property searches on mobile had grown 3 times faster in comparison to desktop. The company has not disclosed absolute numbers.

Time spent on mobile devices: According to IndiaProperty, average time spend on mobile devices by its users more than doubled (2.6x) between April 2015 to March 2016. While in 2014 to 2015, average time spent by users on mobile devices only doubled (2x), when compared to 2013-2014.

Demographics of mobile growth: In addition to growth in mobile search, Tier-II cities registered a 30% growth on mobile in terms of Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) since 2014, when compared to Tier 1 Cities. Cities like Vadodara (56%), Kochi (47%), and Coimbatore (40%) registered a higher growth on mobile, while metro location like Bangalore (24%), Delhi (10%) and Chennai (19%) had a lower growth rate on mobile.


User search patterns

Search activities are higher in weekend: Between April 2015 to March 2016, at least 53% of users searched for properties on mobile devices during weekends, while the rest of the search queries came from desktop users. Whereas during weekdays, desktop searches peaked at 60%, the rest 40% of search queries came from mobile users.

Property search most active between 12pm-6pm: Users on IndiaProperty’s platform were found to be most active between noontime until evening (12 pm-6pm), with 46% of them coming from desktop and 33% from mobile. However, search queries after office timings, i.e., between 6pm to 12am seems to be higher than search queries during morning hours (6 am- 12pm), with 28% of search activities registered on mobile, and 23% from desktop.


The company states that consumers use property search for looking for listings, getting directions, extra information, calling and emailing an agent or checking out videos of houses. It collected data between April 2015 to March 2016 based on the visits to its website and app, combined with Google Analytics, the company said. Currently, IndiaProperty claims to have 5 million registered users with over 700,000 property listings.

You May Also Like


The Indian government has amended the internet shutdown rules, formally known as the Temporary Suspension of Telecom Services Rules, to restrict the validity of...


Mobile number porting requests increased by 28.7% to 7.53 million requests in July 2020, compared to 5.85 million porting requests reported in June 2020....


While Reliance Jio added 2.5 million active connections in July, Vi, formerly Vodafone Idea (down 3.8 million) and Airtel (down 0.45 million) saw declines....


Rajasthan suspended internet in four districts — Dungarpur, Udaipur, Banswara and Pratapgarh — on Saturday after violent protests erupted in Dungarpur district on Thursday...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to Daily Newsletter

    © 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ