DB Corp, the publisher of regional daily Dainik Bhaskar, has posted a profit of Rs 3.02 crore for its Internet business segment for the quarter ended March 31, 2016. Revenue in the segment rose to Rs 11.97 crore in comparison to Rs 8.95 crore the corresponding quarter last year and increased to Rs 45.6 crore in comparison from Rs 30.27 crore the previous year.
The company reported an increase of 6.29% year-on-year (Y-O-Y) with Rs 526.5 crore in total revenues for the fourth quarter from Rs 495.3 crore from the same quarter last year, in a BSE filing.
The net sales on a consolidated basis rose 6.02% to Rs 505.92 crore in the same quarter of 2015-16 as against Rs 477.17 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
– EBITDA stood at Rs 126.3 crore compared to Rs 129.2 in Q4 FY2015.
– EBITDA Margin stood at 24% in Q4 FY2016.
– Net Profit after tax increased by 0.37% Rs 64.24 crore from Rs 63.99 crore in Q4 FY2015.
The Digital business revenue grew by 33% to Rs 12 crore from Rs 9 crore of corresponding quarter last fiscal. Advertising revenue stood at Rs 360 crore in the current period from Rs 354.3 crore in the corresponding quarter last year.
Revenue from printing and publishing of newspaper and periodicals surged 5% to Rs 470.84 crore in the fourth quarter compared to Rs 448.40 crore in the same period a year ago.
Radio segment revenue rose 11.35% during the quarter under review to Rs 29.71 crore compared to Rs 26.68 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.
The company’s circulation revenue increased YoY 15.3% to Rs 113.6 crore from Rs 98.5 crore in Q4 FY2015, which the company claims to be primarily due to yield driven growth, largely coming from mature (unnamed) markets.
For the entire fiscal, DB Corp’s consolidated net profit declined 6.22% to Rs 296.64 crore as against Rs 316.34 crore in 2014-15. Its net sales increased 2.14% to Rs 2,021.72 crore in 2015-16 compared to Rs 1,979.18 crore in the preceding fiscal. The total revenues of the company increased by 2.2% to Rs 2080 crore, from Rs 2035.3 crore in the previous year.
– EBITDA stood at Rs 562.7 crore in comparison to Rs 587.9 crore in FY2015
– EBITDA Margin stood at 27.1% in FY2016
– Net Profit after tax in FY2015.
Circulation revenue grew by 16% YOY to Rs 435.6 crore from Rs 375.5 crore
Advertising revenues stood at Rs 1481.2 crore as against Rs 1516.6 crore during the corresponding period last year.
Revenue from printing and publishing of newspaper and periodicals stood at Rs 1892.55 crore in comparison with Rs 1877.69 crore from a year ago.
Radio segment revenue rose 11.35% during the quarter under review to Rs 107.4 crore as compared to Rs 95.8 crore in the previous fiscal.
– The company claims to have 19.8 million readers across the country.
– The Digital Media Unique Visitors has risen to 34 million and page views to 1.2 billion for March 2016.
– There have been more than 6 million app downloads for Dainik Bhaskar and Divya Bhaskar and more than 13 million video views.
In a separate filing, DB Corp informed that its board in a meeting has recommended a final dividend of Rs 4.25 per equity share of face value of Rs 10 each for the 2015-16 fiscal.
Image Credit: Flickr