wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Nearly 75% of Cleartrip’s traffic in Q4FY15 came via mobile

cleartrip

74% of Cleartrip’s overall traffic and 42% of all transactions on the platform came from mobile, the company said while sharing data on its Q4 2015 (Jan-March 2016) performance. Overall, the platform saw an 87% growth in total transactions year-on-year (YoY); with a 53% growth in air ticketing transactions and 64% growth in hotel transactions during the same time period.

Cleartrip Activities: In August last year, Cleartrip launched a mobile marketplace for theme based activities, listing a curated collection of over 5,000 activities and things to do in 50 cities including metros and tourist destinations. This feature accounted for 32% of searches on the platform, with flight + hotels searched accounting for the remaining 68%. As of now, Cleartrip claims to list over 13,000 activities from 6,600 sellers.

Last minutes vs Advance booking: Overall Activities saw a quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) growth of 63%, with 80% of the Activities booked by users in their home cities. 56% of the users were impulsive buyers, making bookings 0-1 day before the activity, while 29% planned activities 2-7 days in advance. Only 8% of the users booked 8-15 days in advance, 4% over 16-30 days in advance and 3% over 30 days in advance.

Activity price range: 29% of the booked activities cost over Rs 750, 10% between Rs 600-749, 17% between Rs 450-599, 20% between Rs 300-449, 21% between Rs 150-299 and 3% below Rs 149.

Mobile traffic by brand: Samsung smartphones accounted for 30% of the mobile traffic coming to Cleartrip, followed by Apple with 13%, Micromax with 8%, Lenovo and Motorola with 5% each, HTC and Sony with 4% each, Xiaomi and Windows Phone with 3% each and Lava with 2%.

Top devices: Although Cleartrip did not provide a breakdown of the traffic per phone, here are its top 5 ‘hot new’ devices – Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Redmi Note 1S CT, Redmi Note 3, Lenovo Vibe K4 Note and LETV LE X507.

Traffic by OS: 84% of the company’s mobile traffic came through Android phones, 13% through iPhones and 3% through Windows Phone. 77% of mobile app searches were made through the Android app, 20% through the iOS app and 3% through the Windows Phone app.

Multi-city flight booking: Last month, Cleartrip launched multi-city flight bookings on its mobile apps, allowing users to book up to 4 flights in the same booking. At the time, the feature was already live on web, but was not available on mobile web.

Image source: Flickr user Baishampayan Ghose under CC BY-SA 2.0

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

News

The Indian government has amended the internet shutdown rules, formally known as the Temporary Suspension of Telecom Services Rules, to restrict the validity of...

News

The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has ordered a detailed investigation into Google’s payment policies and alleged manipulation into its practice within Play Store....

News

MakeMyTrip said there has been a “gradual recovery” in travel demand during the second quarter of this year, witnessing growth across all of its...

News

Mobile number porting requests increased by 28.7% to 7.53 million requests in July 2020, compared to 5.85 million porting requests reported in June 2020....

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to Daily Newsletter

    © 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ