The Cellular Operators Association of India (whose members include Google and Facebook), has reported an addition of 5.82 million GSM connections in January 2016, closing in at 761 million connections, a 0.77% increase from 755 million connections in the previous month.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance, BSNL and Tata):
– Airtel added 2.50 million connections in January 2016, taking its connection base to 245.78 million.
– Idea Cellular added 1.25 million connections in January 2016, taking its connection base to 173.16 million.
– Vodafone added 1.11 million connections, taking its connection base to 194.71 million.
– Among metro circles, Kolkata added 210,527 GSM connections, while Mumbai added 115,141 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
– July 2015: India Added Over 1.23 Million GSM Connections
– June 2015: India Added Over 4.13 Million GSM Connections
– February 2015: India Added Over 9.59 Million GSM Connections
– January 2015: India Added Over 8.87 Million GSM Connections
– October 2014: India Added Over 6.28 Million GSM Connections
– August 2014: India Added Over 5.54 Million GSM Connections
– July 2014: India Added Over 4.85 Million GSM Connections