According to the Indian telecom regulator TRAI, India added 4.92 million “active” mobile connections during the month of December 2015.
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month. Some stats:
– There were 912.02 million active connections in the month of December 2015.
– Strangely, Idea has 105.80% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos. TRAI says the percentage of active connections is more than 100% due to in-roamers i.e. subscribers from other operators roaming in Idea’s network.
– Airtel has the second highest active connection base of 96.74%, followed by Vodafone at 96.72%.
In terms of the number of active connections, Airtel leads with 235.35 million connections followed by Vodafone at 187.25 million connections.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For December 2015 (Total Connections):
– Airtel added 2.51 million connections, taking its connection base to 243.28 million.
– Vodafone added 1.65 million connections, taking its connection base to 193.60 million.
– Telenor added 1.27 million connections, taking its connection base to 50.70 million.
– Idea added 1.24 million connections, taking its connection base to 171.91 million.
– RCom lost 5.92 million connections, taking its connection base to 100.89 million.
– In terms of active connections, Maharashtra leads with 97.87% active connections, followed by Kerala, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat. J&K has just 82.44% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 88.61 million connections (88,617,207 connections). Maharashtra is second with 81.34 million connections (81,346,065 connections) and Tamil Nadu is third with 80.57 million connections (80,578,690 connections).
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 24.07%, followed by Vodafone at 19.15%, Idea at 17.01%, Reliance at 9.98% and Aircel at 8.47%.
Download: Press Release
– India added 4.86M active mobile connections in November’15; RCOM Loses 4.60M
– India added 8.53 million active mobile connections in October 2015
– India added only 7.74M active mobile connections in September 2015
– India added only 0.78M active mobile connections in August 2015
– 885 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in July 2015
– 881 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in June 2015