According to the Indian telecom regulator TRAI, India added 4.86 million “active” mobile connections during the month of November 2015.
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month. Some stats:
– There were 907.09 million active connections in the month of November 2015.
– Strangely, Idea has 103.58% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos. TRAI says the percentage of active connections is more than 100% due to in-roamers i.e. subscribers from other operators roaming in Idea’s network.
– RCom has the second highest active connection base of 97.63%, followed by Airtel at 96.03%.
In terms of the number of active connections, Airtel leads with 231.22 million connections followed by Vodafone at 182.19 million connections.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For November 2015 (Total Connections):
– Airtel added 2.80 million connections, taking its connection base to 240.77 million.
– Idea added 3.37 million connections, taking its connection base to 170.66 million.
– Vodafone added 2.47 million connections, taking its connection base to 191.95 million.
– RCom lost 4.60 million connections, taking its connection base to 106.81 million.
– In terms of active connections, Kerala leads with 94.51% active connections, followed by Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Maharashtra. North East has just 82.00% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 87.32 million connections (87,329,330 connections). Maharashtra is second with 81.02 million connections (81,027,872 connections) and Tamil Nadu is third with 80.27 million connections (80,279,922 connections).
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 23.85%, followed by Vodafone at 19.02%, Idea at 16.91%, Reliance at 10.58% and Aircel at 8.42%.
Download: Press Release
– India added 8.53 million active mobile connections in October 2015
– India added only 7.74M active mobile connections in September 2015
– India added only 0.78M active mobile connections in August 2015
– 885 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in July 2015
– 881 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in June 2015
– 868 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in May 2015; RCOM Loses 1.11M