Online cab aggregator Ola has appointed Raghuvesh Sarup as its chief marketing officer (CMO). He will join the company in February and will be responsible for marketing across the brand and profit & loss for all categories. He will be a part of the company’s core leadership team.
Prior to Ola, Raghuvesh was the marketing director at Microsoft where he was responsible for sales of the company’s devices in the country. Before this, he held various positions at Nokia including head of sales, global head of product marketing for Lumia, global marketing director of N-series and director of portfolio & categories, India. He also worked as the marketing manager for Pizza Hut India for nearly 7 years, before which he was an assistant brand manager at Procter & Gamble.
– In December, Ola appointed Joy Bandekar as its corporate president to lead new initiatives and a part of its core leadership team.
– Towards the end November, Ola appointed Rajiv Bansal as its CFO. Bansal would be a part of Ola’s core leadership team and join the company starting January 2016.
– In July 2015, the company appointed Sundeep Sahni as the VP of new initiatives. Sahni previously co-founded and was the MD (Indonesia) of the Lazada Group.
– Ola also appointed Arun Sarin as an independent director to its board of directors. Sarin was the CEO of the Vodafone Group for 5 years and serves as an advisor on the boards of Cisco Systems, Charles Schwab, Blackhawk Networks and Safeway, Inc.
– In February last year, the company hired Sunit Singh as vice-president of design and Yugantar Saikia as its vice-president of human resources.
Global alliance: In December, Ola, Didi Kuaidi, Lyft and GrabTaxi joined hands in a strategic alliance and will start rolling out products in the first quarter of 2016. Ola and GrabTaxi have joined the alliance initially started by Lyft and Didi Kuaidi in September and claims to cover 50% of the world’s population across Southeast Asia, India, China and the US.