Media company HT Media has reported digital revenues of Rs 38.21 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2015, registering a 43.38% growth from Rs 26.65 crore in the same quarter last year. On a quarter-on-quarter basis the digital segment grew 12.68% from Rs 33.91 crore in the preceding quarter.
The losses in the segment also decreased to Rs 11.07 crore compared to the loss of Rs 14.42 crore in the same quarter last year. The digital segment had reported losses of Rs 18.35 crore last quarter.
Shine.com and mobile growth
According to the company’s presentation, HT Media’s online job portal Shine.com has registered a year-on-year (YoY) revenue growth of around 23.1% in Q3FY16 compared to Q3FY15. Note, HT Media only discloses Shine’s revenue growth on a yearly basis for each quarter and has never disclosed Shine’s exact revenues.
HT Media’s mobile marketing venture HT Mobile has registered a 81.6% YoY revenue growth for the quarter compared to Q3 FY15.
It’s also worth noting that digital revenues accounted for just 5.4% of HT Media’s total income that was at Rs 708.2 crore for the quarter. The company’s newspaper & periodicals printing business still contributes a majority of its revenues, accounting for 76.6% of HT Media’s total income for the quarter.
– Total revenue up 9% to Rs 708.2 crore from Rs 649.9 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Profit After Tax (PAT) increased 9.4% to Rs 80.9 crore from Rs 73.9 crore in Q3FY15. This was due to depreciation charges and higher tax.
– Print Advertising revenue stood at Rs 542.5 crore, an increase of 9.2% from Rs 496.7 crore in Q2 FY15
– Print Circulation revenue: 4.8% increase in circulation revenue to Rs 76.9 crore from Rs 73.4 crore due to higher circulation.
– Radio Business: 25% increase in revenue to Rs 32.3 crore in Q3FY16 from Rs 25.8 crore in Q3 last year driven by advertising revenue growth during the festive season.
– EBITDA decreased by 22.6% to Rs 10.7 crore from Rs 13.8 crore due to Chennai launch and higher license fee costs.