wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

71% of hotel bookings on Goibibo come from mobile

goibibo

For the quarter ended December 31 (Q3FY16), online travel site Goibibo claims that 71% of its hotel bookings came via mobile, up from 57% two quarter ago. Desktop accounted for the rest 29% of the bookings. Overall the platform saw over bookings for 1.6 million room nights for the quarter.

Goibibo mentions that 45% of the bookings are made for 0-2 star hotels, followed by 38% for 3 star hotels and 17% for 4-5 star hotels. Business destinations accounted for nearly 45% of the hotel bookings, while leisure destinations comprised the rest 55% of the hotel bookings. Overall, the company claims its hotel bookings volumes increased by fivefold in 2015.

In March last year, Ibibo said that 70% of its mobile bookings were done through Android, 20% through iOS, 3% through Windows phones and 7% via mobile web for that quarter. The company did not provide an OS-based breakdown for the current quarter.

GoStays launch: In September last year, Goibibo launched a new section on its website and mobile app called GoStays which would aggregate unbranded budget accommodations across India. The platform went live in 72 cities and 862 properties, which according to the company translated to about 10,000 rooms per day for customers to choose from.

Minority stake in Djubo: Ibibo Group acquired minority stake in hotel tech startup Djubo in August last year. It also offers mobile friendly website templates for hotels along with a booking engine and payment gateway and provides online channel management for automated integrations with multiple travel aggregators.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Numbers from competitors:

– Nearly 60% of Cleartrip’s traffic in and 46% of all transactions on the platform came from mobile during Q2 2015. 48% of the visitors to Cleartrip were using the Android app, 15% used the iOS app while 4% used the Windows app. The rest of the 33% traffic came from mobile browsers.

– For online travel agent MakeMyTrip, in Q4-FY15, mobile users accounted for more than 40% of total online traffic and 22% of online transactions for the company in India.

Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create an repository of non-personal data?

News

A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'

News

India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...

News

There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data

News

Existing consumer protection regulations are not sufficient to cover the extent of protection that a crypto-investor would require.

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ