News Corp has appointed Nagaraj Nagabushanam as Chief Product Officer of VCCircle. While he has joined VCCircle, he will also also work with News Corp owned BigDecisions, according to an email sent by Raju Narisetti, SVP at News Corp. NewsCorp has hired a few other executives with dual responsibilities across the groups businesses in India: “Pooja Karnani, who heads up Finance, based out of BigDecisions in Mumbai; Ramjee Ganti, who is our Head of Technology, also based out of BigDecisions in Mumbai; and Neetu Singh, who is heading up Human Resources, based out of VCCircle in Noida,” as per the email.
Nagabhushanam moves from Mobstac, which, in the past, built products that helped media companies go mobile. It’s now a proximity marketing company, and Nagabhushanam was played a leadership role in creating its Beaconstac product. At VCCircle, and based in Noida, he will be “the point person for all new product development at VCCircle, as well as take the lead on future mobile offerings at BigDecisions. He will also be the go-to person at VCCircle, working closely with technology, creative and other relevant teams, on our redesign and platform transitions. He will also take ownership of site and app analytics, with the key responsibility of driving underlying performance improvements to help improve user-acquisition, retention and monetization.”
Prior to Mobstac, Nagabhushanam was Senior General Manager–New Media, for Kasturi & Sons Ltd (The Hindu group), before which he was a journalist with Business Line, apart from managing two magazines.
News Corp’s acquisitions:
– Last month, REA Group, News Corp’s online real estate company from Australia, said it would purchase rival iProperty Group for $414 million.
– In March, News Corp acquired VCCircle for an undisclosed amount. Sahad PV, founder and CEO of the company, would join News Corp as a part of its India team, and report to Raju Narisetti, SVP (Strategy) at News Corp.
– The month before, the company picked up 25% in PropTiger for $30 million.
– In December last year, News Corp acquired BigDecisions.com, a Mumbai based startup that generates leads for financial services companies, and provide consumers with educational information and calculation tools for making financial decisions.
– The company’s other operations in India include Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, Factiva and HarperCollins Publishers businesses. 21st Century Fox, which was hived off when News Corp split last year, owns Star TV.