The Mobile Marketing Association, a global trade body for the mobile industry, has appointed its India board of directors. The MMA board members have commenced work that is focused on research, measurement and education to help marketers understand consumer behavior and usage of data and non-data mobile users and capabilities across voice, text and data.
The studies will help evaluate and analyze traffic sources, path to purchase, creative campaign evaluation, mobile content, and mobile commerce.
PepsiCo India Holdings’ chairman and CEO D Shivakumar will be be the chairman of the MMA India. Its other members include:
– Ajit Mohan, President, Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt. Ltd
– Amarjit Singh Batra, CEO, OLX South Asia
– Amrit Thomas, Chief Marketing Officer, United Spirits Limited
– CVL Srinivas, CEO South Asia, GroupM
– Kirthiga Reddy, MD, Facebook India
– Prasun Basu, MD South Asia, Millward Brown
– Priya Nair, Executive Director – Home Care, Hindustan Unilever Limited
– Rohit Dadwal, MD, Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific Ltd
– Senthil Kumar, Chief Creative Officer, J. Walter Thompson
– Shireesh Joshi, Head – Strategic Marketing, Godrej Group
– Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder & CEO, One97 Communications & Paytm
The MMA is a global non-profit trade marketing association and has more than 800 member companies from nearly fifty countries. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile and driving consumer engagement. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe, Middle East, Africa , Latin American and Asia Pacific.
BARC looking to measure viewership of online videos
Earlier this month, The Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India said that it is looking to expand its mandate to audience measurement in the digital space. The entity, which does audience measurement on TV, has issued a “Request for Information” with the intent of monitoring audience across media, including the Internet and mobile. Read more here.