wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Nearly 60% of Cleartrip’s traffic in Q2 FY15 came via mobile

cleartrip

59% of Cleartrip’s overall traffic and 46% of all transactions on the platform came from mobile, the company said while sharing data on its Q2 2015 performance. Overall, the platform saw a 24% growth in quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) traffic; with a 17% growth in air transactions and 41% growth in hotel transactions during the same time period.

Cleartrip Activities: In August, Cleartrip launched a mobile marketplace for theme based activities, listing a curated collection of over 5,000 activities and things to do in 50 cities including metros and tourist destinations. This feature accounted for 15% of searches on the platform, with flight + hotels searched accounting for the remaining 85%. 79% of the searches for Activities came from Android, 20% from iOS and the rest 1% from Windows phones.

The most booked destinations for Activities were Bangalore and Goa with 32% each, 11% for Mumbai, 4% for Hyderabad, 3% for Gurgaon and the rest 18% coming from other cities. 32% of booked Activities were priced between Rs 300-449, 22% between Rs 150-299, 17% between Rs 450-599, 15% over Rs 750, 9% between Rs 600-749, and 5% upto Rs 149. As of now, Cleartrip expects Activities to generate 15% of its revenues in Fy’17.

Last minutes vs Advance booking: 16% of the Activities booked were booked 0-1 day in advance, while 38% were booked 2-7 days before. 16% of the users preplanned their travel 8-15 days in advance while 13% planned their travel 15-30 days in advance. The rest 18% of the users booked Activities over a month in advance.

Mobile traffic by brand: Samsung smartphones accounted for 26% of the mobile traffic coming to Cleartrip, followed by Apple with 21%, Micromax with 7%, Google, Motorola and Sony with 4% each, HTC and Lenovo with 3% each, Xiaomi with 1.8% and Lava with 1.3%.

Top devices: Although Cleartrip did not provide a breakdown of the traffic per phone, here are its top 5 ‘hot new’ devices – Lenovo K50a40, Micromax Canvas Spark, Micromax Yu Yuphoria, Micromax Unite 3 and Micromax Canvas Juice2.

Traffic by OS: 48% of the visitors to Cleartrip were using the Android app, 15% used the iOS app while 4% used the Windows app. The rest of the 33% traffic came from mobile browsers.

Cleartrip Rewards: Last month, Cleartrip launched a rewards program where it would offer free Activities worth Rs 500 each on the first 3 eligible bookings. Eligible bookings included domestic and international flight and hotel bookings with a minimum combined value of Rs 10,000. The next 3 and further 6 bookings would get a free hotel and flight booking worth Rs 3,500 and Rs 5,000 respectively.

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....

News

By Anand Venkatanarayanan                         There has been enough commentary about the Indian IT...

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali The Indian antitrust regulator, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has a little more than a decade...

News

By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Surabhi Prabhudesai The recent difference of opinions between the Government and Twitter brings to fore the increasing scrutiny...

News

This article is being posted here courtesy of The Wire, where it was originally published on June 17.  By Saksham Singh The St Petersburg paradox,...

You May Also Like

News

While the new version of the game is reportedly similar to PUBG, it is censored and comes with a disclaimer.  Battlegrounds Mobile India, the...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ