This is an advertisement
MediaNama is a leading online media company covering news and providing analysis on India’s digital (Internet and mobile) ecosystem.
We’re looking to hire two experienced journalists, one in Delhi and one in Bangalore.
- Track & report current events & news in Internet and Mobile domain
- Analyse information and present in a concise manner
- Talk to hundreds of people in the digital domain. Go get stories. Do interviews. Work with data. Identify trends.
- Track international developments in Internet and Mobile domains
- You must be open to taking on additional responsibility during events and conferences.
We’re looking for candidates with at least 3 (three) years of experience in reporting on business or technology. You must either know technology or business well. Preferably, both.
1. What do you want to do? You need to know and be passionate about the digital (Internet and/or mobile) medium in India. You need to live and breathe digital, and be someone who is always connected. This domain should matter to you. You have to tell us what in digital matters to you and why.
2. What kind of a person are you? You need to be:
- Obsessive about details, and have a strong sense of skepticism and understanding of logic.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: ours is a fast paced business, with limited information at your disposal
- You need to have an eye for news, and a desire to get the news first.
- You need to be social: being active on social networks, especially Twitter, is a must.
3. What can you do?
- You need to have excellent command of the English language – both written and spoken English.
- Preference would be given to candidates with online work experience, or at least having blogged for a few years. You need to have basic working knowledge of HTML, and familiarity with WordPress.
How we work
Those in Delhi would need to work out of our Civil Lines office. We’re at 10 minute walk from the Civil Lines metro station.
A majority of our current team works remotely, from home, in Mumbai and Pune. As long as there is connectivity and you’re working, you could working from anywhere. We’re connected all the time, collaborating on chat, whatsapp, calls, and using online tools. We help each other do better work, and improve with each story.
How to apply
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the cover letter, write why you want to work with us
- You’ll be required to take a short test