Professional networking site LinkedIn has reported 100 million average unique monthly visiting members for the quarter ended September 30, 2015, up 3% from 97 million in the last quarter and up 10% from 90 million in the same quarter last year.
Mobile accounted for 55% of LinkedIn’s total visiting members for the quarter, as compared to 50.5% in Q1, the quarter ended March 31, 2015. Note that LinkedIn transitioned to internal measure of unique visiting members, mobile unique visiting members and member pageviews from comScore data in Q2 2014.
Registered members: LinkedIn’s registered member base was at 400 million for the quarter, up 5% from 380 million members in the previous quarter and up 21.75% from 313 million members in the same quarter last year. Note that LinkedIn doesn’t provide any region-wise breakdown of its user base, although India is the largest market for LinkedIn outside the United States.
LinkedIn generated 38% of its total revenue from outside the US in this quarter compared to 40% last year.
– Inbox was replaced with Messaging, more than double digit % increase in number of messages sent, one day reply rates increased (available only to English language users for now)
– Long form posts published per week reached 150,000; languages added: Portuguese, French and German.
– There are 4 million active job listings, compared to 1 million a year ago; monthly job pageviews were up 90% YOY in September, 75% YOY increase in job applications
– Linkedin referrals (recruiter platform) to launch this month
– Lynda signed existing customer to multi year renewal for $4 million
Talent Solutions revenue increased 46% year-over-year to $502 million: Hiring contributed $461 million in revenue, up 34% year-over-year, driven by operational improvement from field sales organization and strong online growth. Learning & Development contributed $41 million in revenue from Lynda, in its first full quarter of contribution post acquisition. The revenue from talent solutions was at $502 million (inclusive of learning and development revenue from Lynda) for the quarter.
Marketing Solutions revenue grew 28% year-over-year to $140 million: Sponsored Updates performance exceeded 100% year-over-year growth.
Premium Subscriptions revenue improved 21% year-over-year to $138 million, Sales Navigator continued to gain traction with large enterprises and apparently saw improvements in customers’ satisfaction.
Cash flow: LinkedIn has $3.1 billion of cash and marketable securities.